I am yet to receive a revelation that will set me free from something linked to dignity - or lack thereof, but I wanted to share this here, while waiting for another "OH! I GET IT!" moment, which I KNOW (etc) is coming:
noun, plural dig·ni·ties.
1. bearing, conduct, or speech indicative of self-respect
or appreciation of the formality or gravity of an occasion or situation.
2. nobility or elevation of character; worthiness: dignity of sentiments.
3. elevated rank, office, station, etc.
4. relative standing; rank.
5. a sign or token of respect: an impertinent question unworthy of the dignity of an answer.
6. Archaic. a. person of high rank or title.
b. such persons collectively.
Synonyms for dignity
noun excellence, nobility
There's a sadness in my heart right now. I don't know if I'm mourning for what was stolen from me or from you, or both. But I do know - even without the aforementioned revelation God is yet to give me - He is willing to restore our dignity to us.
Father, I thank you that you are willing to restore our dignity to us, and I trust you will do so with your gentle hand. Here are our hearts, Lord...renew them; fix them. Raise us up and set us free, as I KNOW you long to. Thank you, God...Thank you.